I am so lucky to have a patient boyfriend.
Because if I were dating me today,
I would’ve dumped my cray-cray, pms-ing, whiney ass.
- I’ve been sleeping between 10:30PM-Midnight and waking up around 7:00AM for no real reason lately. I suppose this sleeping pattern will benefit when I have a 9-5 job, but, let’s be honest…this will probably last only another week or so.
- Happy weight is oh so real. I will commit to healthier eating starting today & get back to exercising. I prefer running outdoors, so I hope the rain stops soon, so Silverlake Reservoir, Runyon Canyon, and Griffith Park can be some options. I also wish 24 hour Fitnesses were cleaner and had free parking in my area.
- I want to run a half marathon within the next year. I’m not a runner, but I want to be.
- Things I’m currently obsessing over: The Hunger Games series, How I Met Your Mother (finally started and am on Season 6 now), Chocolate covered caramel popcorn (I am both sad and happy my stash is gone).
- Stop liking the Kardashians, except for their nice & thick eyebrows (I know, I know).
- Drink more water.
- Learn more recipes (main dishes and side dishes, specifically).
- Set aside more money for the future (paying off student loans, a future home, vacations).
- Eat more vegetables.
- Stop buying clothes that aren’t very functional.
- Significantly reduce the time it takes for me to get ready in the morning.
- Be more conscious of the things I publish on the Internet.
but since we’re currently taking a stroll in “honeymoon phase-land”, there’s plenty of rainbows and butterflies to go around!
On Wednesday night, I had dinner and coffee with two of my best friends. Amongst the many things we talked about, I was able to express (at least to some extent) how happy I am right now with my relationship.
Please stop reading here if you don’t want to read “omg, my boyfriend is, like, soooo awesome”.
I like that he puts the needs of his family and friends before himself. I like that he works hard. I love that we are both Catholic, go to mass, and pray together before each meal and long car rides. I like that we don’t see each other everyday. I like that we don’t check-in with each other multiple times a day. I like that he can go out with his friends and I can go out with mine. I like that his extended family is extremely welcoming. I like that we can laugh about our first “fight” (which resulted in me not speaking to him in line for Space Mountain for a whopping 15 minutes while he was fixing his fantasy basketball team and I was looking at style blogs, lol). I like that he is the cheesier one and I pretend to be grossed out, even though I not-so-secretly love it (HE started a “2012 Disneyland Scrapbook” the day we bought our annual passes and it is so adorable HAHA). I like that he affirms and encourages me to continue to work hard and be passionate.
And…that’s enough cheese for the night.
- Boyfriend and I are now Disneyland Premium Passholders!
- He surprised me for our first mensiversary (seriously, do people celebrate those?) with…WICKED TICKETS!
- DOCTORS HAVE CONFIRMED MOM IS CANCER-FREE!
Brb, going to pick up Mom at the hospital and take her home now :)
GOD, YOU ARE SO GREAT. FRIENDS AND FAMILY, YOU ARE THE BEST PEOPLE I KNOW. EVERYONE, THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYERS. BOYFRIEND, YOU SPOIL ME (maybeyoushouldstopbeforeigetusedtothis….ormaybenot).
Geez, it’s only January 5.